- 1 Who we are
- 2 What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- 3 How long we retain your data
- 4 Where we send your data
Who we are
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please refer contact us page.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on our website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we use the information we collect
General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Enhance your user experience on our Service.
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, Service or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, push notification, and/or through other digital methods about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other websites and online services;
- Detect and resolve any fraud or other illegal or undesirable user behavior;
- Perform background checks on users and take other legally-required actions;
- Manage our business;
- Provide our advertisements to you when you visit other websites and online services;
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Aggregate Data. We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Service and use and disclose it for any purpose. Read more:
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
You can control information collected by cookies. See section “Cookies” above for information about declining or deleting cookies
How we protect your personal information
We take reasonable security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using our Service to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Although our Service is a general audience service, we restrict the use of our Service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 18 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed to children under the age of 18. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: 06/22/2019